Saturday, July 31, 2010

now all i need are piano lessons...

i still haven't come off my high from finding this gorgeous vintage piano at the thrift store...for $75!!!!
first of all, i've totally wanted a piano for so long but didn't want to spend a bunch of money on just any old set of keys. so when i found this beauty i couldn't pass it up. i mean even if i never played it and just bought it to look cool in my house i would! look at it, it's all worn and ragged and old looking- i love it! i looked up the serial number online and it dates back to 1920 and is worth roughly around $2,500. all i need to do is get a guy over here to tune it, and i'm set. seriously, you have no idea how excited i've been over this (thus the documentation).
now, where do i put it?
well i've been getting tired of my dining room anyway because it's just not very practical. we never use it, and it's too far away from the kitchen.

so i did some rearranging, and now behold- my new piano/sitting room!


doesn't this look like a scene from an old movie? i can imagine myself being from the 1920's wearing a long gown with my hair pulled up and fancy shoes, playing my piano in the sitting room while my husband smokes his pipe. except my husband doesn't smoke, and i need to learn how to play the piano.

and in case you aren't sick of the pics, here's one at night with the lamp on. isn't it cozy?
(it doesn't take much to get me excited)

8 comments:

aidanjordan said...

Love the piano! What an awesome find!! I love searching thrift shops- which one did you find this at?

Oh, and I need you to decorate my house. Everything is picture perfect at your house!

Jeni said...

I am jeleous. I want a piano soooo bad and Brian won't buy me one. If you ever ever ever see one at that price again, tell me. It is beautiful!

joana said...

thanks guys! i know, i couldn't believe it when i found it! i'll keep my eye out for ya jeni.
i got it at cca resale in the colony, aidan. we'll have to hit some thrift stores together;)

Karen said...

WOW!!! that's awesome! =] it looks so great!

suely said...

That room looks sooooo gooood!! It is so cozy! The piano is such a great find...
You outdid yourself this time, Joana.
Beautiful!

carolyn said...

You never cease to amaze us with you bargain shopping and redo's. Good job dotter # 2.

Becky Jorgensen said...

YOu are so talented I swear!! Can you please come decorate my house lol I can't believe you found that piano. I swear we had that same piano growing up. Where did you get the black and white chairs? I'm dying for a chair like that for a photo prop!!

joana said...

becky! i keep sending you emails but i must not have the right address cuz i never hear back...
email me! joanasanders@gmail.com