they worked out a great system and gave themselves fitting nicknames...
"freddy the floormaster"
"charles the cutmaster"
so while the men were hard at work, catherine and i took the kids to the "texas state history museum" in downtown austin.
catherine's second oldest adam (12), her youngest ethan (7), van (5), and jas (11)
they had fun hangin' out...
dressing up like cowboys...
and learning all about texas
when we got home, the kids decorated pumpkin cookies... which i ate 6 of, not to mention the 5 no-bake cookies i ate earlier. oh yeah, and 3 pieces of chocolate fudge cake the night before ( i'm out of control!)
and later that night we watched lauren, catherine's oldest daughter who's 15 (not pictured) perform in her highschool marching band in the state final competition. it was impossible to tell which one was her...they all had black pants on and big hats. but it looked way cool
by the time we got home at 10:30, "the masters" were on the couch watching football. this is their "all done" picture.... good job boys!
3 comments:
Looks like a fun, productive weekend! I'm dying to see pics of the actual 3 story house. I bet it is gorgeous!
Man I'm missing you guys...
I love the wood floor!
I LOVE the spanish love song, it made me feel like I know spanish, but I really don't.
Fred, you are so good to help out like that. By the way, Fred was always like that. Always looking for an opportunity to do something for someone and share his talents.
I am proud of you, son.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment