Tuesday, December 9, 2008

the sweetest thing...

i have a whole new appreciation for mothers with morning sickness. i thought i was off the hook because i wasn't the least bit sick with my other pregnancies. but this one...man, this sucks. i don't sleep well at night, i have to force myself out of bed every morning, and trudge through the day with that sick nauseous feeling that only lets up for a few hours in the afternoon and then gets worse at night...
i know all you mothers that go through this every pregnancy are saying "oh, waa waa." but hey, this is new for me, it's seriously putting a cramp in my "turbo" style that i usually have. i can't get anything done!
so my hubby came home for lunch today and as we sat down to eat, i was telling him that i hope he gets his wife back soon (i haven't been feeling like myself, i certainly can't be acting like myself)...i'm feeling a little guilty for not being the fun, happy, wifey that i usually am.
and he says...look, i was put here on this earth to be your husband. i'm not the least bit worried about you "not being yourself." i'm here to take care of you and make sure you're happy... so you just let me do that.

he didn't see, but as he got up and took his plate to the sink, tears welled up in my eyes (as if i wasn't emotional enough).

this is why i married him...i love that man.

5 comments:

EriKaren said...

that is the sweetest thing i've heard in a long time. i'm sorry you feel so bad. i can sympathize lol but hey, you don't have too much longer before it gets better =] hang in there chick and remember why you wanted it so bad!

kelly said...

Awwwwww.

sorry you're sick. I had pregnancies like your first two, so I have no magic secrets for you.
But as you know, it will be worth it :)

Cook Family said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Erickson Fam said...

Bless your heart! I hope this time will pass soon! I'll take Van anytime you need..
You are blessed with a wonderful husband. What a sweet thing for him to say!

Rach said...

I'm sorry- being sick is the worst. As hard as it is to believe right now, it won't last forever...
Let me know if I can do anything to help!