Wednesday, February 18, 2009

that's my girl...

so i go into jasmine's room last night to find her reading. no big deal, there's rarely a moment that she doesn't have a book in her hand. but this girl takes the cake. i ask her what she's reading, thinking it might be one of the twilight books (she likes to read them over and over). but no, she's reading her literature book- just for fun.
i don't recall ever taking my school books home, let alone reading them for pleasure. for real though, i have never seen anybody find so much joy in reading. she was tested last year (5th grade) on her reading speed and comprehension. that girl can read 240 words per minute and comprehends 88% of what she reads! that's more than alot of adults. she has read over a hundred books since then, so i'm curious what her score would be now.
anyways, i'm just really proud of her. that little smarty pants is too smart for her own good sometimes...i forget she's only 11.

3 comments:

Erickson Fam said...

first of all - loving her posters!!

That's fantastic. I don't think people read enough these days. Wow, I think she reads like twice my speed - amazing!

TxCrows said...

I always wish that I could speed read! It is always so nice to see our children succeeding. She really is a sweet girl!

Unknown said...

Wow, that is impressive. I just read this to Tyler and he is floored.
Miss you guys already!