Monday, March 16, 2009

sunday...my favorite day of the week

i absolutely love sundays. not because it's the last day of the weekend to get everything done that i need to do before monday, or because i'm able to get caught up on all the tv shows that i missed during the week, or get my grocery shopping done while my husband is home. actually it's just the opposite. in fact on sunday if the tv gets turned on at all, it's to watch extreme home makeover from 7 to 8 (that's a good family show right?), and we make sure all our shopping and stuff is done by saturday. we pretty much just chill when it comes to sunday. we do things like play board games, and read, and make cookies, and of course take the precious "sunday nap".
but i just love the feel of sunday. we go to church in the morning, and everything that we would normally do gets put on hold until monday...and i have the whole day to hang out with my wonderful family. i know alot of you do the same thing with your families. don't you love it!
since the weather was so nice we had to get outside! we hadn't been to the duck park for a while, so off we went to feed the ducks...

do a little swinging...
and throw around the football...

and of course jasmine found the perfect reading tree, while we all enjoyed the beautiful weather on this beautiful sunday day.

3 comments:

Gary said...

Fred, please tell me you do not take a Sunday nap. I haven't taken a nap since I was 3. Grown men do not take naps! Good to see all is well though.

Robyn said...

I 150% agree. Love Sundays. So glad it is a commandment to keep it holy, as I'm sure I'd be busy "catching up". It really keeps you focused on what and who is important.
Great pics- did you get your new camera?

Hawk Family said...

I love Sundays too, I just wish we could get rid of 1:00 Church. We went to feed the ducks too on Sunday only there are only 8 ducks at our pond. I can't believe how many are in that picture.