Monday, October 26, 2009

the weekend

this was supposed to be the "we moved into our new house" post, but sadly things don't always work out when we want them to. hopefully next weekend we'll have some good news to report. here's what we did instead...

thursday
went to see jasmine sing in her fall choir concert at the junior high. she got bumped up from the regular choir to the "show choir" because her teacher found out that she could rock the house. she got her own choir dress and everything. that's my girl:)




she had fun showing mia off to all her friends


friday
can't think of a better way to spend a friday night than at the elementary school for a carnival! van had been looking forward to this all week and was so stoked to go. he spent his tickets on cotton candy, the bounce house, getting his hair painted, and a cake walk. good times man.









saturday

watched jasmine put her acting skills to work at the stake roadshow. she's a natural.


sunday
went to church, had everybody over for some kickin' chili and sweet potatoes that my mother in law made, watched the sanders' old home movies, ate too many desserts, and helped the kids carve a pumkin


as things worked out, it's probably good that we didn't get into the house this weekend. we would've had to do all this and move too!

2 comments:

carolyn said...

I am beyond sad I missed Jasmine's "show choir" performance. Way to go Jas! Sounds like a fun week. Happy moving next week. I'd come and help but Utah is too far away :)

Cook Family said...

Jasmine is so tall.
I love how Van is holding his nose while gutting the pumpkin :)
Mia's cheeks! I love them.