(60 years of joy...)
(pic taken around 1975. isn't she gorgeous?!)so on may 1st, my wonderful mother-in-law turned 60! she flew down from california, robyn and fam drove out from iowa, and petes came from utah, and everybody gathered at our house for a few days to celebrate. we loved having the whole family together again.
we partied it up brazilian style, complete with mouth watering picanha (bbq'd tri-tip), guarana (brazilian soda), side dishes galore, and topped it off with one of paula's fabuloso cakes. paula even got a tiara for the queen to wear during the festivities. she looked so cute:)
we made her a scrapbook with pictures of all of us, and put together a slideshow with pictures throughout the years put to her favorite music. it was so fun to celebrate this milestone of a birthday with such an amazing woman who touches the lives of everyone she meets.
of course we all wanted our picture taken with the birthday girl, but for some reason we didn't get one with tyler (not on my camera anyway)before the party, she was so cute to take all the grand kids bowling. crazy fun!
and besides the party, we were able to find more fun to fill up the weekend.
and after all was said and done, we all agreed that we have the best mother, mother in law, vovo' (grandma), and friend, in the world!
we love you, happy birthday!!


5 comments:
great post, but yikes, it reminds me how behind I am! Thanks again for hosting a fabulous party!
You are wonderful hosts! The party house.
My dear Joana, thank you so much for the beautiful post and for your kindness towards me always.
I had the best time of my life and I will hold those wonderful memories close to my heart forever. I have been checking your blog for the news and pics from your trip and imagine my surprise when I saw a post about me!!
YOU are awesome!! Love you tons. Miss all of you.
Where did you find that old picture of me? I still remember when it was taken. We were just getting ready to go back to Brazil. Johnny was 8 months old. I love all the pics. I love the one I am doing "atirei um pau no gato" with Mia. She looks sooo cute!! My life has indeed been a great joy and it just gets better and better as we keep adding wonderful people to the family, like you. I don't know how to thank you enough. Love you.
you are so welcome! i love you too!
i got the picture from paula. it's the one with you and johnny and senior. i just cropped them out of it
Post a Comment