ok this is random, but i was eating a hot dog today and pulled out my fry sauce (this stuff is good on anything) and i was thinking...i heard that fry sauce is just a utah thing. is that true?
well being a utah girl myself, i can't imagine eating french fries without fry sauce. i mean just ketchup? yuck. i always get a packet of mayo to mix with my ketchup to make my own fry sauce. and then i dip my hamburger in it, and anything else that is close by. i thought everyone put it on their fries and hamburgers and such. i never realized it wasn't available everywhere. but it has been brough to my attention, that fry sauce is only a utah thing. (??)
so a while back, my hubby ordered for me online my own 36 ounce bottle of the most amazing fry sauce ever...only available in utah. "some dude's fry sauce" they call it. they put some other ingredients in it to make it extra good. and although it's treated like gold around here...i do share it with my family now and then.
anyways, i was just wondering if i'm the only texan to own a bottle of this stuff, or if anyone can confirm the absurd rumors that the rest of the world doesn't share my love of fry sauce...
well being a utah girl myself, i can't imagine eating french fries without fry sauce. i mean just ketchup? yuck. i always get a packet of mayo to mix with my ketchup to make my own fry sauce. and then i dip my hamburger in it, and anything else that is close by. i thought everyone put it on their fries and hamburgers and such. i never realized it wasn't available everywhere. but it has been brough to my attention, that fry sauce is only a utah thing. (??)
so a while back, my hubby ordered for me online my own 36 ounce bottle of the most amazing fry sauce ever...only available in utah. "some dude's fry sauce" they call it. they put some other ingredients in it to make it extra good. and although it's treated like gold around here...i do share it with my family now and then.
anyways, i was just wondering if i'm the only texan to own a bottle of this stuff, or if anyone can confirm the absurd rumors that the rest of the world doesn't share my love of fry sauce...
6 comments:
Sadly, it is a Utah thing. I can't figure out why though. I LOVE Some dude's fry sauce! In fact, after coming home from college and missing it so much, I picked up 2 bottles the next trip I made there. I have long since run out and try frequently to make my own. It's just not the same though! That's awesome that you can order it online! We just might have to do that! I share the love Joana!
Oh yeah, Dave just reminded me that they have it in Idaho too (duh; I should know that since I went to school in Idaho, not Utah!)
Wikipedia has a nice little write up on fry sauce. It would appear they even have a form of it in Brazil.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fry_sauce
I wish it were outside of Utah, since we NEVER go there. And that makes me really sad. But I am happy to say we have that same very large bottle in our fridge, thanks to Jessica for bringing it home for us.
I have the same bottle in my fridge, and one in the pantry. If you are in need, I will sacrifice since I can get more in the near future. I wonder if you asked for it at the grocery store if they would order it for ya.....?
I just saw this at Harmons last night and thought of you!!
Post a Comment