Friday, April 3, 2009

fire"van"

(that was van's new nickname after he got back from his field trip to the fire station)
i went with van and his preschool class for their annual visit to the fire station. it was a hit. the fireman took them on a tour, and taught them all about what they do.
they let the kids get up in the fire truck and look around, see where they sleep and eat, and they showed them how they keep their boots in their pants to save time getting dressed when there's a fire (who knew the efficiency of these guys?)
i used to go on fieldtrips and do fun stuff with jasmine when she was van's age. if only i had a blog then. all her pictures are stuffed away in boxes. maybe i'll start a "prequel" blog for her...i think she's getting jipped out of the documentation of her early years (i'll get right on that with all the extra time i have on my hands).
anyways, we all had a good time:)

2 comments:

Holly said...

I want to go on a field trip to the fire station! But just for the firemen!! And I love your idea for a "prequel" blog! I might have to do that for Ella since I can't seem to get caught up on scrapbooking!

Erickson Fam said...

That was a fun field trip. Maybe we'll have to take the boys back during the summer!

Cute scrapblog pages too!