Friday, June 11, 2010

satisfied

this is a scary sight for anybody who has babies
this is not an acceptable solution to the problem...for me.
there, that's better. with a few strokes of the paintbrush and turns of the drill, we've got our very own "toddler gate" (and yes, in true joana style- modge podge was involved, and the supplies were way cheap)
and now the sweet little roaming toddler doesn't even realize that the once greatly desired stairs even exist, and i can walk by and not cringe at the unsightly walmart gate (but mostly i just love to make things and it was fun).

6 comments:

Jeni said...

so glad I know your blog now! cute gate! I need to know how you did that because it is SO cute!!

carolyn said...

Pure Joana creativity. Awesome job!

Karen said...

omg that is unblievably cute joana. haha i'm so sending this to my parents to show them what they missed out on with their gate lol

Robyn said...

I'm am so cracking up! This is awesome!!!! You are incredible, I love it, love it!

The Robinson Bunch said...

Hi Joana, I'm Robyns good friend Tiffany. she had told me what an awesome gate you had made, because I have an 11 month old and I wanted to make something as well, I'm sick of those horrendous generic store bought baby gates...I was wondering if you would have a minute to tell me, how you made it and where you got your supplies. Thank you so very much I sooo appreciate it!....Tiffany cheerbabe5001@hotmail.com

Nicole Freiss said...

A friend told me about your baby gate and I also would like to do that to mine. Can you tell me how you did it and what supplies you used?
Nicole--my email is nicfreiss@gmail.com