so i started this new thing...i turn on some booty shakin' music and start cleaning my house. my rule is, that i can't stop moving no matter what i'm doing, and i can't stop cleaning 'til i'm done. if i'm standing there doing the dishes or wiping the counter- i'm doing the 80's "step together step" move (with a little added soul). if i need to go from room to room, i have to skip or do leaps to the music. and periodically, i'll just stop and bust a move for a few minutes in between cleaning (you are so wishing that you could be a fly on my wall).so after doing this for a few days, i find out it's pretty dang fun...doesn't even feel like exercising, and after 45 minutes or so- my house is clean and my heart rate is up. i just killed two birds with one stone! you gotta try it.
jasmine decides that she wants in on the fun...so we had a dance party! (no cleaning on this one, but effective just the same)
funny thing about this picture is(the one where i look like i'm imitating a beaver), we put the camera on a timer unaware of when the picture would take...apparently this is what my face looks like when i'm dancing!
4 comments:
10 lbs, I have one word for you - WHATEVER!! I think you look great. So I love this new exercise! Ha, and I love the last pic of you.. hehe
So, do you think jamming out on your new guitar can be used as one of your new exercises?
haha. That brought back so many memories of dancing with my mom around the house. I'm glad you are finding joy in the simple things in life. Jasmine looks like she's having a blast with you. She won't forget these fun times...
That was so much fun to read!
You look great. I think your 10 pounds from the Brasil trip have been transferred to me!
Robyn and I had a lot of fun dancing together in the good old days.
Even if you don't loose an ounce, you have made memories and gladdened your heart.
And ours, for those pictures are dang funny.hahaha
Go Jasmine, go Jasmine.
Love you,
Suely (vovo)
Post a Comment