
we love having those missionary boys over for dinner, so we signed up to feed them halloween night. elder logan requested brazilian food, so my mother in law hooked me up with the recipe for some authentic feijoada (the best black beans and rice ever!). every brazilian knows you can't have feijoada without pao de queijo (cheese bread) and guarana (brazilian soda)...and of course i had to make dessert. i don't know the name of it, "marveloso" something or other...the elders thought it was pretty dang marveloso too. they were just like bob at dr. leo marvin's house raving about faye's mashed potatoes... "Mmmm, Mmmmm, Mmmmmm, this stuff is amazing!" (that won them the leftovers to take home)

needless to say my mad cooking skills totally rocked the house:)
.jpg)

after dinner, we had them earn their keep by passing out candy for us while we took the kids around trick or treating. looks like elder logan snuck in some mario kart with van before we left:)
6 comments:
So my brother gets home from his mission in Sao Paulo in 2 weeks! I would love those recipes to be able to make something for him when he is back.
Kelly served in Sao Paulo too and I think he would be really impressed with me if I cooked some authentic Brazilian food for him!
You must share the recipes!
(but I've tried guarana and I gotta say it...yuk.)
Wow, you must have mad skills...I have trouble getting more than 2 parts to an American meal. Those missionaries are blessed!
Mmmmm that dessert, can I come over and have some?
We just watched your dvd again. What a dream!
That food looks really yummy! Boy, those elders are going to be disappointed on the 24th when they come to my house for dinner. ha!
Maybe we could use your skills for an Enrichment activity...?? (hint, hint).
Cute pages btw! I love your header too!
Joana, everything looks great and Fred told me it tasted superb.
I am so proud of you!
The name of the dessert is Torta Maravilhosa(Wonderful pie) and you did a maravilhoso job.
Love ya
Suely
Post a Comment