this is me about 36 years ago.so it all started when i opened up a happy birthday email from my friend, and she added at the end of her email..."i hope you have an adventure today!"
well, that got me thinking...it may not be much of an adventure...but it's MY adventure. the only day that i will ever turn 36 in my entire life. plus, it's a pretty memorable birthday for me...the happiest i've ever been in my life, and i decided that i didn't want to forget any part of this day (thus the play by play).
here's my adventure...well, that got me thinking...it may not be much of an adventure...but it's MY adventure. the only day that i will ever turn 36 in my entire life. plus, it's a pretty memorable birthday for me...the happiest i've ever been in my life, and i decided that i didn't want to forget any part of this day (thus the play by play).
i got a few happy birthday calls and emails, and before i knew it, it was time for my hubby to come home for lunch.
i had just got done making the bed, and he walks into the bedroom with a freaking guitar for my birthday present! wow...i had NO idea that was coming. complete surprise. and i was so excited...like screaming excited!
i've been wanting to take lessons, and we were talking about getting a used one on craig's list. but this one was brand spankin' new! our good friends justin and annie cash (awesome musicians), went and picked it out so he could surprise me with it.so then we had lunch...i told him i'd "thank" him for the guitar later, and he was off.
so i'm doing some more cleaning/work on the computer, and the doorbell rings. it's my cute pregnant friend wendy (with some of the yummiest pumpkin chocolate chip cookies ever), to wish me a happy birthday. awwww! thanks girl!
then my 1:45 appointment arrived...my very sweet visiting teachers mindy and elizabeth. we had a nice chat, and elizabeth gave a great message from the conference issue of the ensign. i didn't want to rush them off, but i had more cleaning to do, errands to run, and i still had to get ready for my hot date with my hubby! see ya girls!
when jasmine got home from school, we took a quick "this is mom's 36th birthday" picture, and then left to run errands.
8 comments:
Hi Joana
We looked through your birthday pictures and felt very happy for you. We look forward to celebrating some more with you this Sunday. About the part that you are older-tell Fred that we're glad he married a mature person; he needed it. Congrats as well for the new guitar. I can show you a few chords. An innocent question: is there something about capital letters that blogwriters don't like?
As you can readily tell, John wrote this, not Suely.
Justin and I were very entertained by your "adventures." You have a good gift of comedy in your posts. It was nice to see you rockin out at the end of the day with your new axe.
\m/
I didn't know it was your birthday! Your life seems way more exciting than mine after reading this haha. I hope you had a good one
Happpy Late Birthday!!!
Oh man, I totally missed your birthday!! I'm so mad right now - how could that have happened?
You're too cute to post your whole day. Sounds like a great one and congrats on the guitar! If Annie and Justin picked it out, I know you're in good hands!
We love you and are so happy it's your birthday - ok, WAS your birthday!!
I am very honored to be on your birthday blog! Too bad that picture doesn't capture my true super model looks:) I'm glad you had such a great b-day!
I so enjoyed reading your birthday adventures. What a nice surprise to get a freakin' awesome guitar!
Oh, that reminds me, and friend of mine is giving me her flute- so the duets are ON baby!
I hope Fred told you that I called, but he had the phone at work. I guess yours doesn't work?
You look so beautiful by the way!
Post a Comment